Monday, August 22, 2011

12 Days Post Op

I finally ditched the crutches and the cane and my brace is no longer locked! I know it seems like a little thing but it is such a big accomplishment for me! I also started physical therapy today. I was a tad scared that they were going to throw me on a table, face down and force my foot to touch my booty! Don't laugh! I really thought they were going to hurt me bad. Turns out that today was pretty easy. They asked tons of questions, measured my knee, measured my extension (I was at 6), measured my flexion (I was at 41) and watched me walk! Heal, toe, bend, repeat. Again, simple but much needed!

Then I was handed a list of printed exercises to do at home until my next appointment on Wednesday! Yup, I get to hurt myself in the comfort of my own home! No pain, no gain right? The Diva pushes me pretty hard so there is no cheating on this!

So what does the future hold? Well, I was thinking that running would be impossible before the 6 month mark but she said it was possible at 3 so we shall see! In the meantime, I continue to eat right and lose weight by the changes I have made in my diet! I can't tell you a number lost right now because the Diva dropped our scales and I have not been in a position to battle the back-to-school crowds to pick up another one! I do know that my clothes are too big and that is a good thing!

I will leave you with a picture of my biggest "problem" right now and that is keeping the bottom of my left foot clean! Lol! Yup, it is a running joke here at my house! As you can see, I have to use a mirror to see the horror that is my foot! Hope you all have a great week!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Lin said...

Running would be the LAST thing on my mind! Hahaha!

Glad to hear you are doing so well. :) You'll be back in action in no time!

Secondary Roads said...

Yikes! A torn ACL? That's serious. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery for you. Be well and God bless.

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection