Friday, September 12, 2008

Cleansing Rain


I am sitting at the computer still trying to figure out the paypal mess and listening to the sound of the rain. I love the way everything looks and smells after a gentle rain. My roses and tomatoes look so much brighter and more alive, the grass is greener and the sidewalk is clean again.


Once in a while I think my soul needs a good cleansing rain to dust off dirt that life deposits there. This happens for me through reading and music. I love to read uplifting stories of people who have overcome more than I will ever go through in a million lifetimes. Right now I am reading "The Final Lecture" by Randy Pausch. I know what you are going to say! His story did not have a happy ending because he died and his 3 young children no longer have a father. Yes, I know, but he accomplished everything he wanted to do in life even in the face of the ultimate adversary. I want to live like that; I want to die knowing I did everything I set out to do and more.


My other "soul cleanser" is music. I love Chris Tomlin's music. I can be in the worst mood possible and pop his latest CD in and boom, I am transformed. I sing and dance and I don't care who sees me, although, usually Sadie joins me in the fun. At 18 months old, singing and dancing are among her favorite activities in the world and I am greatful for that.
Yes, pictures are a big part of my soul cleansing also! All the pictures on this blog are mine and I am proud to say so. I can't help but love taking and editing photos. Grab your camera and try it just for fun, you might be surprised at what you see!


I guess I said all that to say that we all need to let that cleansing rain wash our souls once in a while. I know it sure makes for a more peaceful life.

0 comments:

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection