Thursday, January 14, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

I am just using this post to clear out the things that are cluttering my brain these days so hang in there as I ramble a bit!

First, Haiti!  I am saddened by this human crisis and the suffering that has been made worse by the latest tragedy to hit the area!  I am in prayer for my friend Kristina and her family who are in pain becuase they are in the adoption process and the little girl they are adopting is in the middle of all the chaos!  Ellie and the others from the orphanage were unharmed but there has to be a way to get these kids to their forever families sooner!  Our government is getting involved with the kids issue so hopefully they will get refugee status to come to the states to get them out of the danger zone!  We also donated via text from each of our cell phones, it was the least we could do!!  Text "Haiti" to 90999 and a $10 donation will go to the American Red Cross and will appear on your cell phone bill!  Easy way to help!

Second, our temps are warmer and the snow is melting!  It feels like a heat wave here right now and for that I am thankful!  Hopefully this will aid investigators who are working on dertermining a cause for the fire that gutted Villa Pizza (our fav)!  Praying for a speedy rebuilding process and for the 40 employees who are now without a job!

Third, I am ready to get back to work!  The bookings are starting to roll in and there will be lots going on in the coming months but I am ready now!  Perhaps it is just cabin fever that has taken its toll on me!  Who knows but this also ties in with the fact that I want to go to Colorado to see family and need to get some cashflow going again to be able to do that!  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Colorado?

Fourth, things are going good with the kiddos!  The Moody Teen missed the Honor Roll by a very small margin but is doing well keeping up with school and work and all of his other activities!  The Diva is, well, still very Divaish!  She keeps me on my toes and I never know what to expect from her because she is a live wire!  Today is the Knight's Birthday so we are making dinner and baking brownies for him!  She loves to help out and keeping her occupied keeps her out of trouble!!  Ha!

As for me, I a have been feeling out of sorts lately!  I have always had a seasonal depression type thing at this time of year and this year is no different!  I know that I just need to work through it and soon Spring will be here with more sunshine and time to be outside!

Well, I think that just about clears out the cobwebs from my brain!  I hope you all are having a wonderful week!

1 comments:

Lin said...

Wow. That is a lot going on there. Bummer about the honor roll. Happy Birthday to the big guy. And I'm with you on feeling blue today. I just spent some $$ on a lovely coral sweater from Ann Taylor. I needed some lightness in the day and the whole rest of the season to make it through.

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection