Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Angels Among Us



Anyone who really knows me, will tell you that I love angels! Cute angels, majestic angels, all angels mystify me and capture my attention immediately! I love them so much that I have them on my dining room walls and sitting on shelves watching over us as we eat. But have you ever thought about the angels that are among us walking with us every day that go unnoticed! Bear with me a moment, I have not lost my mind and I am not seeing things that are not there! The angels I am referring to are the people around us who do good deeds each day and never expect anything in return! Let me give you some examples from my life! A few weeks ago when my husband was not working I got an anonymous card in the mail to encourage me, a few days later a gift card arrived in the mail with no signature on the letter, and most recently Derek has given my husband some work to do until he goes back to school. Derek is a one man shop and he did not have to help us out in any way but he did! He is a good Christian and I thinks he is glad that Spencer is working with him because he told him that he has gotten more done since Spencer started than he had in the last 2 years! Pretty cool! This time of year you can witness lots of angles among us since the Christmas season is upon us! My challenge to you is not to notice the angels but to become one yourself! It can be as easy as a donation to a food pantry or homeless shelter or more involved like making sure a family that would not have Christmas has the things they need to make it the best Christmas ever! I know what you are saying........economy..........whine.........whimper.........sob, but look at it this way: what if the shoe was on the other foot, would you want someone to reach out to you? My family has already done shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child, Toys for Tots and donated food so 18 needy families in the area can have a great Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings! What can you do? Think about it!

2 comments:

Lin said...

I like your thoughts today on angels. I'm not sure which is more important--being an angel or just acknowledging and appreciating the angels in our lives. How wonderful is that man who helped you?! Wow.

It's funny how we can probably name everyone and everything they have ever done for us, but we forget what we have done for others. I always feel like I don't do enough for people, don't you? I just don't feel like an "angel" when I do it--I just do the right thing like that Liberty Mutual commercial where everyone sees another person doing good and pays it forward. I like that thought and commercial a lot.

I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving. Let's be thankful for what we have and hope for a better tomorrow for all of us.

Soulsearcher said...

I really like the new look of your blog. I tried posting a comment yesterday and was unable to do so. Thanks for the story on angels. You have reminded me how much even little things mean to others. Sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit; we think things have to be big or expensive. But it's the little, supportive things, the giving of ourselves, that makes life worth living. Happy Thanksgiving!

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection

Blog Archive