Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Comes To Mattoon
















This morning was the BIG Mattoon Christmas parade and, of course, Zach had to be at the lineup early and I was running late! He got there a few minutes late but at least he made it! After dropping Zach and Breanna off at the line up, Sadie and I made our way to our customary parade watching spot at Broadway and 11th street and settled in to watch the arrival of the big man himself! Sadie's favorite part is the music and the horseys, she has not yet learned to run into the street after the candy that is tossed because I don't let her out of her stroller and she is OK with that, for now! She does manage to get a few suckers that some of the candy tossers bring to her, which I quickly stash for later.
The photos above were take during the course of the parade! The first one is from our church and is the mother's group collecting toys for tots. The second is a horse and carriage that I really thought was cute. The tiny passenger in the back was a local beauty queen (what's a parade without a lot of tiaras). The third and forth are the Mattoon High School Pride of the Greenwave Marching band with Zach on lead trumpet. He even had a solo today that I got to hear (you just never know if you will or won't because of where you stand)! And the final picture is Sadie enjoying all the fun from the sidelines! She was still yelling for Zach and Bre long after they had passed by but no one seemed to mind! When it was all said and done we piled into the car to head home and warm up and get some lunch! We are now full and warm and ready for a nap!

2 comments:

Lin said...

Oh yea! I LOVE marching bands! How cool is that your son got a solo, too?!

I am Harriet said...

Fun! Centennial MB backed out of their holiday parade this year :(

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection

Blog Archive