Monday, November 17, 2008

It could always be worse!

Lately, I have learned or should I say relearned some important lessons about life in general. Take for example the people you wait in line with at Walmart: in front of you is a middle aged couple with two children all nicely dressed with three carts full of items and you think "wow, must be nice to be able to buy all that and not worry about if you brought enough money"! Behind you is another middle aged couple with two children who are dressed rather poorly and their one cart has barely anything in it. One of the children asks for some gum from the "parent trap" at the counter and the mom says "Honey, I told you I could not get you any extras today" as she looks at you with sad pleading eyes. And then there is you in the middle of the two! You are dressed in a nice pair of jeans and sweater with a warm coat and hat and your cart is overflowing with all the items your family needs and wants this week and when your child asks for candy at the counter you can say yes.

I am that middle person! I am not rich, I am not poor but the one thing I am is happy! My kids have warm, functional clothing and shoes on their feet, they have a roof over their head and food in their bellies! They have toys and video games but more importantly, they have love and lots of it! They will wake up Christmas morning with some nice gifts from the lists they have made but they will not be overstimulated with everything that their hearts desire! I have also helped each of them pack a shoe box for children in need! I think it is important that they learn that there is always someone less fortunate than they are. I love my kids enough NOT to hand them everything on a silver platter, I really want them to have compassion for others and have generous hearts! That is the best gift we can pass to our children!

1 comments:

Lin said...

Don't you just love the Walmart?! Where else can you feel grateful for a full set of teeth or parents that aren't first cousins? There are some strraannnge folks at the Walmart--never ceases to amaze me.

Seriously--it is an eye opener, isn't it? Just the fact that we have a nice house, heat, nice clothes, food on the table, and money to at least live with is enough. Sometimes though, we need a reminder that others aren't so fortunate and they live right by us. It will be a tough Christmas for all, and even more so for those who were already struggling. Have to keep them in our prayers more than usual.

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection

Blog Archive