Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Houdini Hound


We are the proud owners of 6 year old beagle named Boscoe. Most of the time he is a great dog: loving, cuddly and LOVES to eat anything (and I do mean anything)! I was on a cleaning spree yesterday and had the dogs out back in the fenced in yard to roam and bask in the sun so they didn't get under foot as they have a habit of doing! They usually alert me when they are ready to come inside for a drink, a nap and to get warm and yesterday was no different, except that when Zoe came in, Boscoe did not and he was no where to be found! Our yard is fenced in for crying out loud and all the gates are locked so no one could just let them out! So, I put Zoe in the house, load the baby in the car and went in search of my missing four-legged son, Boscoe. I searched all the alleys because he loves to get into the trash. I searched the two main roads in either direction for fear that he had been hit by a car. I even cruised all the one way streets and the park with no sign of the d**** dog, who I was cussing under my breath because Sadie is a sponge and will repeat EVERY word I say: the good, the bad and the ugly! I gave up and went home! When I arrive the neighbor, who is raking leaves, says she saw him sauntering up the driveway and realized that I was out looking for him so she followed him up the driveway thinking that she would put him on our enclosed front porch. When she got to where he should be, which was a dead end with the driveway the only way out, he was not there!! At this point, I could hear his tell "tail" bark but did not know where he was! I walked up the driveway with Sadie and the neighbor, called his name and there he was on the back porch! Remember I said earlier that the backyard is fenced in? Well, the Houdini hound managed to escape somehow which just amazes me because he is a pleasantly plump 35 pounds and cannot fit his body into too many tight spots. More amazing is the fact that he remembered the way home and the way back into the yard!! I know Zoe would have gone with him but she is a pit bull and her head is way too big to fit in the tight spot he found or I would have been searching for both of them! At least I found him or, should I say, he found me!!

2 comments:

Petula said...

What trouble that naughty doggie caused. Did he get put in time out? LOL. I'm glad you found him.

I am Harriet said...

Hi Jo. Just wanted to let you know that you've been tagged on my blog. I didn't start this and you don't have to follow through with it if your are too busy. thanks
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com

Rules: Link the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection

Blog Archive