Tuesday, November 4, 2008

History in the making!

Today we, as Americans, will be a part of a "first" in the history of our great nation. When all is said and done we will either have out first African-American President or our first female Vice-President! All I can say is WOW, why wouldn't you want to make your vote count and be part of history either way! I don't care who you vote for (OK I do but I won't push my views on you) as long as you stand up and are counted!

I was very proud to go vote this morning with Sadie in tow! It was a tad difficult because I could not take her stroller in since there were only stairs and no ramp and to top it all off I had to use a PEN AND PAPER ballot while holding her in my other arm! It wasn't fun, but we got the job done and after we placed the ballot in the box we both got stickers that say "I Voted". She was very excited about the sticker!

The whole pen and paper thing kind of got to me because I do not remember using a pen and paper when I voted here in the 2000 election! I know I used a machine in 2004 at Ft. Campbell! Oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter what method you have to use as long as it counts!

Some voting perks today: Starbucks - free coffee, Ben and Jerry's - free ice cream. Just thought I would throw that in there as some extra incentive.

ROCK THE VOTE!!!!

0 comments:

 

Picture Perfect by Jo's Fan Box


Visit Help-Portrait
Mom*Tog - For moms who love digital photography Photography
Photography Directory
PR WELCOME
Please contact me if you
would like me to review a
product or do a
giveaway!

Awards

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
La Dolce Vita

Visits from my friends

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

No Pirates Allowed

All the photos on this page are copyrighted and belong to me! Please contact me if you would like to use a photo. Remember to give me credit for my work! Thanks, Jo

Design Credits

This blog was redesigned by
Custom Blog Designs
using designs by krista's Cheeky Kit

Followers

Visit Here





Photobucket

Random Stuff

Free Page Rank ToolAdd to Technorati Favorites

View blog authority

Button Collection

Blog Archive